NLL presents Climate Chats, an All You Can Save Circle
Sunday, March, 26 2023
1:00 to 3:00pm
10479 82 Avenue NW, Edmonton (Remedy Cafe Whyte)
WE HAVE CANCELLED THIS SESSION OF CLIMATE CHATS
My heart is moved by all I cannot save:
so much has been destroyed
I have to cast my lot with those
who age after age, perversely,
with no extraordinary power,
reconstitute the world.
Are you hungry for deeper dialogue about the climate crisis?
Do you want to meet likeminded folks who are looking to build community around solutions?
The majority of Canadians are significantly worried about the future impacts of the climate crisis, but many of us feel hopeless due to many decades of government and business inaction. This group will put you in a space with your neighbours to build hope, share knowledge, and take action – together.
The framework for our Climate Chats is based on All We Can Save Circles, which are “designed to nurture connection, encourage generous dialogue, and seed action for climate solutions.”
Session one will focus on introductions and setting expectations and core values of the group. We will have a facilitated discussion, and leave with a journaling prompt to work on before the next session.
We invision a total of 10 sessions. You are welcome to attend as many as you choose, but due to the rapport building required to build and maintain the conversation, we recommend that you commit to attending all or most.
There is no cost to join, but our first meeting is at a cafe where there is an expectation to purchase items to use their space. Cost should not be a barrier to community building. If you are concerned that cost might be a barrier for you, please come to me in confidence and we will work it out in advance.
- Remedy Cafe is wheel accessible
- There is bus access immediately in front of the building, with paid and street parking in the area
- Mature teens and older
- Facilitation will be in English only at this time
- You are welcome to bring a notebook or other note taking device, but it is not required
- There are 10 sessions in total and will be held every 3 weeks; dates to be determined at session one
- This is not a place for deniers or skeptics, and if you show up with the intent to poke holes in our dialogue and agitate away from positive action, you will be asked to leave
Presented according to the facilitation guides provided by The All We Can Save Project
All We Can Save‘s mission is to nurture the leaderful climate community we need for a life-giving future. They offer resources and programming for folks anywhere along the spectrum of their personal climate journey.